An Idea on how to stop the army of spammers.

Well, everyone knows about the spamming issues we have been having. I have an idea to stop it. Make people sign up with real emails, no yahoo or hotmail. like john_doe@earthlink.net and if they spam you can just report them to thier isp. Or you can just get an IP address logger and ban the Ip addresses. You have probably thought of this allready, but I didn’t see a post about it.

good idea

forget it

How do you know that they have double and triple accounts as only mods & admin can see I.P address.

This here, for example, is considered spam. It is a pointless assertion to the topic. Opinions are good, but these are just too much. If everyone makes 1 little post, saying “Good Job” or “Good Idea” or “I don’t like”… that would be an endless chain.
I too am annoyed by the mountain of spam the forums receive, no offense staff/mods/admins. I love this forums and all.
Reporting to their isp is a long process… Ip banning could be a start.
I say flamers and spammers should be stopped from the start. Warnings should be taken seriously and after gaining a few, bans should be applied.
As I look down the list of members, I see there are a couple of people with double or triple accounts. We need ip tracks when making accounts to prevent this…

I’m sorry if I have a lot of complaints, but I really want to help make this a much much better forums so that it can be around for a long time.

Many thanks for taking your time to look through this
1337CoMmAnDo[/quote]
Dude you can get warnings for moderating if ur not a mod. Oh wait I’m sort of moderating… Darn. Oh well I’m just telling ya.

Don’t worry, the spamming is under control. We (mods) are moderating the forums and are working on making RSR a better forums!

This here, for example, is considered spam. It is a pointless assertion to the topic. Opinions are good, but these are just too much. If everyone makes 1 little post, saying “Good Job” or “Good Idea” or “I don’t like”… that would be an endless chain.
I too am annoyed by the mountain of spam the forums receive, no offense staff/mods/admins. I love this forums and all.
Reporting to their isp is a long process… Ip banning could be a start.
I say flamers and spammers should be stopped from the start. Warnings should be taken seriously and after gaining a few, bans should be applied.
As I look down the list of members, I see there are a couple of people with double or triple accounts. We need ip tracks when making accounts to prevent this…

I’m sorry if I have a lot of complaints, but I really want to help make this a much much better forums so that it can be around for a long time.

Many thanks for taking your time to look through this
1337CoMmAnDo[/quote]

your allowed more than one account, its in the rules. if u get banned, duke is happy to let u create another account, as long as u obey the rules
sickmate 8)