Dragon Slayer!

Got all map pieces got my planks, getting my naisl right now, but any suggestions? I heard that I should wear full mage (blue since I’m f2p). I’m level 51, and have 40 defence.

That depends… If you think you can pull off fighting the dragon with nothing but something like wind blast or attack spells higher… Then go for it… But if I were you, I’d take it on the old fashion medieval way… Your defense is just enough to wear rune so if you have full rune besides the plate then I advise that… Unless you have like 60+ prayer and are confident that you can go through the entire battle using the protection from magic prayer without it draining totally before the end of the fight then you can use that and have extra melee defense with a rune kite… Bring lots of food, a strength potion or two… And I think you should be fine… Ok, if that didn’t make sense or if you want to know what I advise in terms of every armor, weapon, etc. then here is my list of things I would bring/wear/wield…

Rune Full Helm
Rune Plate Legs
Either Addy Plate or Rune chain
Anti-Dragon Breath shield (Or Rune Kite if you think you can kill the dragon before your Protection from Magic prayer is totally drained…)
Boots
Gloves or vampbraces (I’d go vampbraces cause they give a bit more defense bonus…)
Cape
Either Rune Scimitar, Rune Longsword, or Rune Battleaxe (I’d go Scimmy if I were you if you have a balanced attack and strength… If you have a considerably higher attack, go Battleaxe… If you don’t want to use either but also want a tiny bit more defense… Go Longsword…)
Amulet of Power (Diamond Ammy) or if you think your strength and attack bonuses are enough already then Amulet of Defense (Emerald Ammy)
Food in terms of Swordies, Lobbies, and Tuna… Focus more on Swordies, then Lobbies, then Tuna… If you can get your hands on a inventory full of Swordies then that’ll keep you secured for the fight… Be sure not to waste any HP when eating… You wanna eat a swordie once and only after you are taken off of 14 HP off of the max or more…
A strength potion or two…

That should be it… If you are intent on going range or mage then I’d have to advise asking someone else as I know more about what to do when taking the dragon on in terms of melee… Other than that, I hope this helped, ask any questions or correct me of any incorrections, and good luck and happy dragon slaying… Also, IcedEarth15324 has a sticky on this in the Help forums if you wanna look there for more info or more opinions on what to bring and what minimum stats to have… But on stats, I’d try to have no less than 40 on atk, def, and str… To be safe, I would advise around 45 or more on atk, def, and str also HP if you can… Ok, I’m done now… I really do hope this helped… Sorry that I couldn’t help you out with the maging and ranging strategies…

Wow, that dragon makes a punch. He kept on hitting my even with that dragon-fire shield. Insane damage… I’m gonna train for a while onger I assume.

Did you die? Well, I hope not… But yeah… The dragon in RS2 is a lot harder than in RSC from the many stories I have heard… Also, if you’re gonna use a fire shield instead of the magic protection prayer, then you could also use the protection from melee… Once that runs out, you still should have not too much HP taken off but have her HP taken down considerably… That’s also another thing you can do… Good luck next time…

I have talked Oracle,I have the things:mind bomb,lobster pot,unfired bowl and silk but i still cant get in the door. :?:

That’s odd… I don’t know… It worked for me… Try going to the Dragon Slayer post in the Help forum posted by IcedEarth15324 for more help…