hackers gone for good?

For anyone who has been hacked like myself this idea might be a great one to you. If runescape used people’s IP addresses to makesure it was them logging on then wouldn’t that fix most problems? Like since you can use someone’s IP address to know their location couldn’t you use it to make sure some dude in ohio who just signed off 4 minutes ago, doesn’t get hacked by somone and all the sudden their account is being logged onto from arizona. You get it? would this work cuz I’m not the most knowledgable person when it comes to the internet and IP’s and hackers and stuff. I’m not sayin ur sn can only be logged on from one location. Plus what are the chances the guy hackin you only lives a couple miles away from ya.

that would be a good idea, but only to some extent. I play at my library sometimes and it has a different IP adress then this computers

peeps neva get nbanned long enough though a month is the most i’ve heard of peeps being banned

But then hackers could send you virus’s strait to your IP so bad idea.

also you could not play at a freinds house

ya thats a bad idea cause i go to my dads for the summer and he lives a couple hundred miles away so ya that wouldnt work

and my parents are divorced,so that idea s*cks

some background: ok im in 7th grade and afterschool sometimes i go to the public library to hang out w/ my friends. Why? we dont have a school library, as the public is right next door.

Whenever i go there there are hundreds of people playing runescape…
and i mean hundreds…

they got me into it but they were playin back in january and im better then them. i started in augest :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I usually play at different places… I couldn’t log onto RS if I wanted to play at college (I’m currently at home right now)… And blakenite… If I remember correctly, IcedEarth15234 (I got mixed up on the numbers…) informed us that we have the exact IP addresses… You live in Ohio and I live in Georgia… Those places are pretty far away if you ask me… So, I think we can say that there might be a chance that the hacker could be the same IP address and then there’s the problem with people’s providers who change the IP address of the cpu to make it hard for normal computer hackers to hack the player’s cpu… RS probably won’t be able to register that a player with a changing IP address feature is going to change IP’s at a certain time… This idea could be good and bad at the sasme time… Although, there’s another online game that has this feature… It’s called Gunbound and they have an IP logging feature like this but you can set it where it will log the IP or it won’t… So if this feature was able to be turned off by the player then maybe it will be better… I don’t know… And this would also probably be a lot of work for Jagex…

Yeah, ISPs offer a dynamic (Always changing) IP addresse for less then a static (Always the same) IP addresse.

Hackers will only live on if there is hate in the world. THink about it. Most hackers are nerds that have no life, have no friends, and invest a ton of money into a near supercomputer. This antisocial activity is brought upon them by the scourge of high school- JOCKS. Them jocks…>< Anyways, if those stupid jock ppls didnt make fun of the hackers to be, they wouldnt feel left out, hated, alone, and would not retreat into their computer to unleash their wrath on us. So the next time you see a jock making fun of a nerd, do the entire runescape community a small favor: Punch his face in.

I wasn’t talkin about just ONE IP can be used to logon to ur sn…I was just talking about…aww never mind its too hard to explain, would cookies work or somethin like that, where you have a little cookie or something you can keep in ur email and when ur gonna go on u put it in ur cookies and it lets u play? just something that makes it harder for hackers, cuz I remember how bad it sucked gettin hacked by like one of the first friends I made on runescape. “join my clan man” and then they hacked me, if it wasn’t for “nunswitguns” givin me an addy pick so I could mine essence for cash, I’d still be stuck with that bronze sword a new person gave me cuz I didn’t even have anythin. I just think there should be something that defines that its you so you can’t get hacked.

How bout having to answer your security question when you log? That would work.

Username: Zeo Rage
Password: Like im stupid enough to do that
Security Question: Blah blah blah blah

Hackers may be able to crack a pass and username, but they cant crack your head through them lovable little computers…that should be smashed with a baseball bat.

This is a fairly bad idea, it is very confining to a rs player, however it is good to see that you are thinking on how to counteract hackers

hackers deserve to burn. And yeah I realize the IP thing is confining, so how about the cookie thing I mentioned? wouldn’t that work? or yeah the answering a random set security question would be good too, except for the fact that they can change ur ?s if they have ur password…

Hackers gone? LOL

They burned me outta 800k, they aren’t gone. In fact, your lan would terrize those who play on multiple computers. And, Runescape has decent security already.

well, the security questions can be only changed if you log in on the rs site right? why not have to answer the security questions to both log in runescape and on the site…They cant get in your account to take stuff, and they cant get in the site to change it…

i really cant see any flaws to this…and memorizing your question? itll take you two days to memorize along with your pass and account name…

im serious…i cant see any flaws… does jagex have an email address? i really feel like sending this in…

I’m not scared of the people who try to scam you of your pass or anything cause even a simple idiot (No offense to anyone who got scammed this way or anything) could keep from telling their pass online… The only thing I’m worried about are those hackers who have stuff to decode random people’s pass… It’s like all they have to do is go on to runescape, check hiscores and just hack the pass… Kinda like this…

Hacker: Hmm… Let’s see… I really like Geminiman’s stats… I think I’ll just decode his pass and take his account…
Me: T_T

I have sucky stats (Well IMHO) but I da know… Hackers are hackers…

Oh right… TheHighlyPKableOne… Sure that’s a good idea to have and I can easily memorize my own recovery questions but I don’t think I’d wanna type it in all the time when I log on and such… But not a bad idea… Maybe a PIN number or umm… Pin numbers and letters… Just a suggestion… But then again that’s basically like another password…

I have a thread about contacting runescape staff directly, if it was possible I wouldn’t have made the suggestion. God I wish they’d let people go directly to staff…or at least have somethin close instead of the stupid automated mail they send you…

Think about it… If Jagex allowed people to directly e-mail or tell them suggestions that they should add to RS… Think of how many suggestions will be sent in… Jagex knowing that they should be fair to all of their customers will have to read all of them… I don’t think they’ll be happy campers if they have to read through all of the suggestions… Sure some of them might be really good but you have to realize that there will be one person out there who will be like “OMFG, leik cna u pUT LIKE baZOKa in RSS!1111 Tnmks…!!!1111” or something like that… (Yes I meant to spell it like that… Believe me, people like that exist… It’s kinda sad but what do you expect…)