Hell?

I was thinking about Heaven and Hell right, and I had this though - the bible tells you that if you are bad that you will be sent to Hell and be tortured for all enternity or something. But if it was true, WHY would the Devil do this? If you were bad enough to go to hell, wouldn’t the Devil applaud you and make you help him instead of him torturing you?
sickmate 8)

lol nice question, but the bilble say(somewhere in revelation) that the devil wants u to go to hell for one reason…because there is no chance for him to repent from his sin he thinks that if he must go u must go with him…
remeber its not the devil who is going to make hell its GOD. and hell was made for the devil not us!

sorry if it too long:)

LOL, this concept of heaven and hell has intrigued me for years… according to some religions, if you confess your sins or re-find jesus and god and all that, you are allowed through those pearly gates… if that is the case… why would there be a hell?

Anyone can repent… whether you mean it or not, if your sat in the pulpit confessing your sins and the preacher/vicar/priest tells you that your sins are forgiven… then surely if your sins are forgiven you will be able to get into heaven!

Heaven and hell… as far as I am concerned… we are in it already… some days on this rock… it’s like heaven… other times, its pure hell!!

You don’t need to look far for either heaven or hell… were in it :smiley:

ya thats true ")

Found this a few years back now… was going to post it earlier… :wink:

The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so “profound” that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic
(absorbs heat)? Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle’s Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed)or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let’s look at the different.
Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls
    enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase
    until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman
year that, “it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you”, and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct…leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting “Oh my God.”

the same story, different question and ending:

The following is an actual question given on a McGill University chemistry mid-term Exam paper:
Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Support your answer with a proof

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyles Law (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant.
One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let’s look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that most people and their souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.
Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyles Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities.

If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?
If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Celine LeBlanc during my Freshman year - that “it will be a cold night in Hell before I sleep with you” - and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then (2) cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic.

Lol…
I think hell emits it’s own heat.
And Satan (Lucifer) is actually a fallen angel, who wanted to associate with humans and have children by them.

And Satan would punish the fallen souls because it increases his own power.
He’s not there to nurture.
:spin: Kingofallpie

God is punishing you. The Devil is burning too. He’s not sitting down there on a throne. He was cast down from heaven. He’s in pain, and he wants you with him.

The Devil doesn’t care about you, that is why he does not applaud you. He was sent down and cast into the lake of fire to suffer for all eternity. So his goal now is to bring as many people down with him before judgement day; that is where temptation comes in.

Whojer, not everyone can repent. Repenting is asking for forgiveness of your sins and then not committing those sins again. If someone goes to their preacher, pastor, father, or whatever you would like to call him and asks for forgiveness of something, lets say adultery, and then doesn’t go and stop committing adultery then he/she has not repented. Thus, his/her sin is not forgiven.

Whojer, that is one good response that guy wrote there.
And WHY would he (the devil) want to bring us down there? What does he get out of it?
sickmate 8)

Lucifer is trying to bring us down with him because he hates God. God is trying to save us and take us to heaven, but of course Lucifer wants just the opposite.

Hell is the devil’s domain.

The devil is really not evil in the way you know of it, the devil is more of a trickster from what I heard from a program on the History channel.

I do not belive in Hell though, I beleive Hell is doing somthing wrong and having to livewith it for the rest of your life or if the world was in a Nuculear war.

~Shadow~

I heard this on the radio. Can’t believe I forgot about it!

As far as I was aware… anyone can repent thier sins. You are forgiven for those sins you have commited… if you commit the same sin(s) you have to repent again to be forgiven for the “new” sin(s)… Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t repent for any of my so called sins, I refuse to be told to do something by “nothing”… that is all “god” is to me… nothing… How anyone can believe in something that is not there is beyond me :slight_smile:

Better not mention santa… the tooth fairy… the easter bunny :wink:

I do believe in some sins. I’d never kill.

“…the devil is king of hell, he is also judge.”
I found this quote from a website containing parts from the bible, in a list of “What Christians say about hell”. If he was the king, wouldn’t he run it therefore not be in pain?
sickmate 8)

I doubt if there even is a hell or heaven. Im athiest and quite frankly, I wanna go to place where I dont do anything neither good or bad, just there…

I agree with whojer on the fact that this may be hell and heaven we live in…

As for repenting, sometimes, it aint always easy things, sometimes very rough sins.
Me, pfft, I’ve prabably gone over the limit.

So you think your body is just going to rot in the ground?
I have higher hopes.
:spin: Kingofallpie

Pretty much, better than hearing about livin’ in an endless fire pit you call hell :S

My friends go to “CCD”. It’s a church class, To right their wrongs, they have to do confessions which means go to the priest and tell him what you have done wrong.

-Flip-