Is our government good?

Ok this only applies to people who are in the united states.

I get really mad at our government when…well lots of reasons. First thing is Gay marriage. It should be allowed. I know a lot of people are against it but the president said “we should treat this situation with respect” but i dont think taking away rights as a human being is showing respect.

Second issue is the “No child left behind act” now i believe congress had no choice but to pass this bill. Mostly because its based on Texas’s education system (which is like 2 worst in the country, No offense to all people living in texas). Then he cut the funding like a couple months later.

Next is the economy. Well I hate it when people say stuff like “The defiset rose under Clinton” because that is not true. This president has lost jobsand he has lowered taxes even though someone needs to pay for the war on terrorism.So basically i think the economy is a mess.

Finally the war on terror. Ok the facts are; THERE ARE NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Now if we’ve been searching there for 3 years and so far nothing. Next is that despite what the uninformed public might think is that. SADDAM HUISSIEN HAD NO RELATION TO ALQUEADA. The UN has said it. John Kerry said it. I say it. So basically i dont think there is a connection between the two.

That is what i think. Please dont spam this. Warn me or Ban me this is what i feel.

I guess I agree on you about the Gay marriage thing but well… People feel like they feel and say that it shouldn’t be allowed… Also, I’ve never heard of the “Child left behind” act and wouldn’t know that Clinton was the cause of the loss of jobs cause I thought that was Bush’s fault… Just because I heard it on CNN… Oh… I also wouldn’t know that Saddam Hussein had or had not been tied to Al Quaida… (sp?) Yeah, well the government has it’s problems… Since the government runs on the citizen’s votes, it can’t decide what to do since so many people have different decisions… I’m glad that I myself am anti-politicial… But I guess you’ve made some good points…

i didnt even read the post because i know this is probably to bash president bush, and if it isnt sorry, but bush rules, and i highly respect him

yeah i didnt really read it either because, being the government major that i am, i really dislike it when some people pretend to know what they are talking about, when they honestly have no clue and just hear bits and pieces. Im not saying you dont know what your talking about, but im saying that im not gonna read it because if you didnt know what you were talking about, then i would inform you, in a way noone would like.

Well I hate it when people say stuff like “The defiset rose under Clinton” because that is not true.

I am not quite sure where you got that information, but you were severely misled…

well with the gay marriage, i support it but once theyre married they can adopt a kid. And its proven to have traumatizing effects on children when their parents are gay

Here are my opinions on what you have said…
Gay Marriage: You said that all humans should have equal rights and privellages. I agree with you on this, but in a country founded on god what are you supposed to think will happen. Marriage is strictly meant to be between a man a woman. Like I have said are nation was founded under god, are constitution was written by christians, what do you expect. But gay people have all the rights that everyone else has. If they are mad about not getting married, they can go to vegas…

No Child Left Behind: I agree with you, nothing seems to be happening, but these plans take alot of time, I don’t know many facts on this subject so I am not going to say anything really.

The Economy: Bush is the first person to try and change this, I know you going to hate me for saying this, but the deficiet rose during Clintons reign as president. You say that it is a bad thing to lower taxes. But when people have more money, they spend more money, and those taxes go to the goverment, giving them money for the war.

The War on Terror…: George Bush was given faulty intel from the CIA, plus with 9/11 I think any caring person would do the same thing… George Bush was very strong in his actions and, in my opinion, did the best he could with the “cards dealt”. John Kerry is a hippy with a hair cut. You can’t trust much with what he says, bc well, with all the other lies he has force-fed the nation, what else can you think. The UN is in ruins, if anything, what have they done to help in any situation??

The United States has freed a entire nation, if we leave now terrorists will attack the Iraqui people before they set up thier own goverment… We captured Sadam Hussien, we freed a nation, whats so bad about that.

Please don’t misunderstand me as a Right-winger going on a rampage. I don’t think Bush is that great of a president. But I would rather have someone who would try and elimate terrorism to save our families, than some guy whos primary objective is not to save lives, but to legalize gay marriages and drugs. We can help the gays later, but we need to help the dying woman, men, and children of other countries first.

but with the war on terror if his intel (which told him every day about terrorists) was inactionable then his job was to say make it actionable,

hmmmm, yup i dont think im coming to read any more of these replies.

good then you can stop spamming the topic to…i dont agree with gay marriages, personal opinion i guess. the No Child Left Behind Act has raised the bar for the level of aptitude needed to pass a grade this is all i’ve heard of that so i agree witht that…i dont really know alot about the economy so im not gonna go into that…the war on terror…lol what a great topic well like someone said we have sudam, isnt that something good i meen comeon look at desert shield, and desert storm he caused us alot of problems(i think my dad was tellin me that they were because of him if not nm) but still its better that hes out no matter how you look at it he was a horrible leader

i think so too, but our main focus should be on bin laden

yeah agreed

good then you can stop spamming the topic to…i dont agree with gay marriages, personal opinion i guess. the No Child Left Behind Act has raised the bar for the level of aptitude needed to pass a grade this is all i’ve heard of that so i agree witht that…i dont really know alot about the economy so im not gonna go into that…the war on terror…lol what a great topic well like someone said we have sudam, isnt that something good i meen comeon look at desert shield, and desert storm he caused us alot of problems(i think my dad was tellin me that they were because of him if not nm) but still its better that hes out no matter how you look at it he was a horrible leader[/quote]

maybe if you knew what you were talking about i wouldnt. your just one of them little boys that think they know alot about government but you dont. I suggest not speaking, because your an embarassment. I think this topic should be closed.

slaphappy, do not talk about my friend that way. 1) he’s my friend and you have no reason to say that

1. i dont like flaming…

2. there is no reason to close the topic