Lol...Email Scam

I checked my old HotMail e-mail today, and I got some scamming mails…fun.

First one:

Sent : Monday, May 2, 2005 9:40 AM
To : censored
Subject : New RuneScape event

Subject: New RuneScape event
Date: May 02 2005 04:41

The RuneScape Customer Service Team decided to make a invisible party, there will be new items drops (non-tradable), this event is not posted in RuneScape news becouze we don’t want other people/scammers will know about that, and we will only sent invitations to active people. If you are interested and you want to be in the party you need to register. When you enter your information you will receive another letter with registration confirm key, and then your registration will be finished. Follow the instructions:
http://www.runescape.com/aff/runescape/login.cgi

Yours sincerely,
The RuneScape Customer Service Team.

Second one:

Sent : Monday, May 2, 2005 9:40 AM
To : censored
Subject : New RuneScape event

Subject: New RuneScape event
Date: May 02 2005 04:41

The RuneScape Customer Service Team decided to make a invisible party, there will be new items drops (non-tradable), this event is not posted in RuneScape news becouze we don’t want other people/scammers will know about that, and we will only sent invitations to active people. If you are interested and you want to be in the party you need to register. When you enter your information you will receive another letter with registration confirm key, and then your registration will be finished. Follow the instructions:
http://www.runescape.com/aff/runescape/login.cgi

Yours sincerely,
The RuneScape Customer Service Team.

If you were smart enough to notice, they’re the same!
It was kinda hilarious, because I know the JAGeX team wouldn’t make any spelling errors such as “becouze.”
All I wonder is how these people got my e-mail address.
Did any of you guys get this kind of e-mail?

invisible party, lmao

lol invisible?? then how would u see the items? my god thats 1 of the worst scams ive ever seen… but funny cause ive seen lots of ppl posting rs scam emails but i havent got any yet. lol lucky me

Yeah…lol.
Anyway, in my email, when I clicked the link that says “RuneScape.com…blah”
It redirected me to “www.runscape.us”…that’s sad.

Invisible… L O L! Haha as if… And did you ever mention your e-mail adress to someone who has something to do with runescape? (Like a person on RSR, or someone who plays it…)

:jester: