ranks+avitars

what do the differnt ranks mean and how can i upload a pic from my pc to be my avitar when it says this feture is not active or something like that. :?: :?: :?:

Ranks are just there to tell people how many posts you have here on RSR… As for your avatar… If it is a pic from a website, save it to your computer… Then go to Imageshack or Photobucket… (I prefer imageshack…) and upload the picture there… Don’t forget to register for the site to access the pic(s) you upload… Then after the upload, you should get a page with all these links to the pic… Go to the last one that says “Direct link to uploaded picture” and copy that address… It should be the one that doesn’t have any [img] or before and after the acutal address… Then go to your RSR profile page and paste that address into the text box that says “Direct Link to Off-Site Avatar” and then that should cofigure your profile so you get the picture of your preference as your avatar… I hope this helped… Sorry if some stuff didn’t make sense… Don’t hesitate to ask any questions regarding this…