Reverse smithing

Uhm…just an idea.
Btw if the idea already exists, please delete this topic. I didn’t go through the whole list to see if it was already mentioned :wink:
also I don’t want to steal ideas from others.

reverse smithing would be nice. Just to give you the opportunity to get some (surely not all!!) raw materials (bars) back from smithed items.

Say you have 15 iron daggers. It would be nice if you could retrive 1 or 2 oron bars from them by ‘smelting’ them again. Of course not all materials should be retrieved but only a small part of them, otherwise it would be too easy to gain smithing experience.

I think this would be good to regain your interst in ‘old’ or ‘weak’ weapons/armor. Because now, if you can wear adamant or rune you dont have the slightest interest anymore in bronze/, ron or steel weapons/armor. But this new feature could change that?

What do you think of this idea?

Yeah! it would be really cool if we could do that!

hmm, that’d be nice, it’d make blacksmiths life much better…

this is a great idea. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

would you get exp from doing that? if so…then you could have endless exp in smithing with 1 steel dagger…lol

i dont like it u can jus sell the stuff or give it away

Its a pretty cool idea… :wink:

no because you could just keep going back and forth and get infinite experience

yeh… that would be a cool idea, but yeh, u shouldn’t be able to get xp from that… it would be cool to ‘smelt’ some daggers and swords…

Not too bad but yeah… The endless exp might be a little off hand… How about having to need a special mold or whatever to get the item back into the original bar form and have it so that it has to be done in a furnace or using superheat item… And maybe if that would still ruin the economy, then maybe the molds can only be used once or a few amount of times and the buying price of the mold might be a bit expensive… Just some additions… Don’t add it if you find it useless… But not a bad idea…

great idea i can do things over and over and over and over and over and over and over andover and over and over and over again

Hm, it seems most people can’t read 8O

I said you should only be able to retrieve a small amount of the original used ores. This to prevent the endless smithing …

it wouldn’t be a bad idea if you only retreived a small amount of the used bars bak like you said

guys, he sed u only get back a small number of the bars, not all.

man i wish some ppl would learn how to listen! :x :x :x :x :x
But yeah ive thought of this idea b4 but not really told anybody ( not trying to take credit or nething ) i really like the idea

i think thats quite a good idea and u shud be able 2 add bars 2 atuff like if u had hi ebuf smithin then u shud be able 2 add a bar 2 a sq 2 make it a kite.

i dont really like the idea of upgrading stuff with a bar, but if u reversed smithed a sq and got 1 bar from it u could use 2 more bars and made a kite…

it still isn’t far from infinite experience. oh yeah and why would you need a mold to make it back into the bar, since to make a bar in the first place you didn’t need one.

i like but when u do it u only get half the amount of bars that took to make it then u dont get infinit exp and u cant just get the cheap stuff to do it with as well. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: