When you think about it its scary

I have always wondered, what happens when you die? Do you go somewhere or is it like when you go to sleep, except your asleep and will never wake up. When you think hard about it its a scary thought. What are your opinions :?

Well, it depends on what religion you believe… If you’re Christian and feel like you lived a good life, you would think you would go to heaven… Personally, I believe I will be reincarnated into another person but instead, I wouldn’t have any recollection of this life that I lived… But I don’t know for sure… No one does…

that might be true :?

I’d have to disagree. If you’re a Christian, living a “good life” won’t get you into heaven. You have to have a personal relationship with our savior, Jesus Christ. He died to wipe away our sins, as long as we accept His sacrifice and ask for His forgiveness. Good works won’t get you into heaven - only a personal relationship with Christ will.
However, if you refuse to accept Him, and you deny Him, you will spend eternity in hell.

Exactly. I am pretty confident that i will go to heaven, and i don’t doubt it.

And if you did just take a really, really long nap when you died, then i think it would depend on how you lived your life. If you lived a good life, you will have a really, really long good dream. If you treated your life like a peice of crap, and abused it, you will have a nightmare for all eternity, kind of like heaven and hell. But I am pretty faithful in the Lord.

_

…| |…
..||..
|_____|
…| |…
…| |…
…|
|…

I’d have to disagree. If you’re a Christian, living a “good life” won’t get you into heaven. You have to have a personal relationship with our savior, Jesus Christ. He died to wipe away our sins, as long as we accept His sacrifice and ask for His forgiveness. Good works won’t get you into heaven - only a personal relationship with Christ will.
However, if you refuse to accept Him, and you deny Him, you will spend eternity in hell.

amen, good post, summed up some myths about our faith. thumbs up

wow i feall the same way …except whats weird is that im cristian …even though i dont practice it…maybe thats why…oh well what ever :o

I’m sure of where I am going in the end, HEAVEN!

Pfft… I’m sure what I said is disagreeable and I commend you for correcting me… I was just using that to get out that Christians believe in heaven and Hell and all Christians want to go to heaven, an eternal life in prosperity, when they die… I was just using that to compare other beliefs… I heard in Buddhism that if you lived an “ideal” life, you reach Nirvana (Correct me if I’m wrong…) and your soul is put to rest… There are some who believe in reincarnations in other bodies be it another human or an animal or such… Some people just believe that you just dissapear after you die… The “Poof” theory… Kind of a morbid version of the Buddhist’s belief’s death… I’m not aware of any other beliefs of an afterlife or a reincarnation status or such of other religion and such… If you have theories that are thought of after death that I didn’t mention, then please feel free to add… Also, don’t hesitate to correct me because I’m sure I might be wrong on some stuff I said in this post…

I sometimes think it would be like a dreamless sleep. You feel nothing in that time and won’t wake up.

All you said was true about the buddhism life. They beleive that you must be calm in your mind and be able to want or desire nothing. If they do so they will reach nirvana. They beleive you live every life for a reson, every life is a lesson. And after a while when you have learned all your lessons and wanted or desired nothing. You will be accepted into nirvana. That is the hard part though. Because you cant want nirvana. You want want anything to get there. There 1000’s upon 1000’s of religons out there. Christainty and Buddhism are just two of them.

I guess you’re right … Dying is kind of scary, But like Geminiman said ’ It depends what you believe in’

how can it coz we all die so there must only be 1 thing that happens but wat is it i believe in the light at the end of teh tunnel coz thats wat people of all religeons ay when they have a near death experience like my dad

i belive in heven, in hell sure, i belive in god and jesus as our savour(cant spell) in the end there will be only 1 TRUE church i think that it is our mission in life to find that and base our intire being, our whole soul on liveing the teachings of that church and IF we dont have the chance or we simple do not serch out this pure knoledge of the only church, i dont think we go to hell god isnt that hard on us i think we are given the pure knowledge, in the after life we just have to be able to accept it …i know that your probly “thinking how couldnt we exept it if it was haned to us by god” but some poeple just dont have the will to accept things that they dont understand, even when they are faced by god…